for one hair extension can you between different possibilities Select. All methods have in common that either real hair or artificial hair is worked into the existing hair. The technical term for hair extensions is extensions. With the selected extensions you can lengthen or thicken your hair.
In order for the result to appear perfect, we recommend going to the hairdresser. We have summarized the possibilities that await you there for you.
These hair extensions are there
If you have your hair lengthened with extensions, you don’t have to wait weeks or even months for a new hairstyle. There are a few ways to thicken and lengthen hair.
- Bonding extensions: This method lasts the longest – up to six months. The hair extensions are worked into the hair with the help of wax and heat tongs.
- Microring Extensions: Here the strands of hair are attached to your own hair with micro rings. Individual strands of hair are separated. A micro ring is threaded onto a special needle. It has a hook that is then opened. Hair strand and micro ring extensions are the same thickness. The extension is then threaded into the real strand. The ring is crushed and covered with silicone. These hair extensions last up to six weeks.
- clip extensions: You can do this hair extension yourself. Clips are attached to the extensions. You stick the clips in your own hair, but under the top hair. This is quick and can be removed again in no time after use.
- Tape Extensions: Adhesive strips are attached at the beginning of the extensions. They are glued around your own hair. You need some skill and practice to install it yourself. However, the professionals are now also used to the method in the hairdressing business. The whole thing sticks for eight weeks. The adhesive pad is then replaced and the strand of hair is reused.
- weaving: This is the gentlest method. The professional weaves horizontal braids into your own hair along the scalp. They are called cornrows in technical jargon. Real hair wefts are then sewn in. The result lasts up to eight weeks.
- Lace closures: This hairpiece is sewn in. It gives a weaving a more natural look. This is a fine net into which strands of hair are knotted by hand. This is no longer visible on the head later. It is important that the net is worked well and follows the course of your own hair.
- Halo Extensions / Flip On Extensions: You only need a hairpiece for this. It is attached to the top hair in a matter of seconds. To do this, place the weft over your head. Then pull your own hair through with a tail comb.
- hair pieces: You can buy whole hairpieces as a fringe, bun or braid. You simply attach them with a clip or Velcro. You can use this method yourself at home. A hairpiece made from your own hair works best.
Who are extensions suitable for?
With extensions you lengthen and thicken your hair with selected inserts. Women with thin hair in particular want more volume on their heads. With them, not only long, but also shorter strands are worked into the thin hair. This causes the top hair to be supported from below. So the head hair looks more voluminous in the end.
However, if the hair is too thin, extensions make little sense. They are usually too heavy and fall out. In addition, you can see the “wrong” hair shimmering through under the top coat, which doesn’t look so nice.
It is best to get advice from a professional in the hairdressing salon. With thinner hair, a few trial extensions are usually used. If your own hair is stable enough, more extensions can be used or you have already achieved the desired success with a few extensions or thickening.