Sometimes it’s hard to consistently eat healthy.
All the better if there is the opportunity to cook a modified form of your favorite dishes.
If you’re craving fast food but still want to eat healthy, this recipe for a healthier, low-carb Big Mac Salad is for you.
Big Mac Salad: Here’s how
For one serving you need the following ingredients:
- 200 g minced meat, low-fat
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- a handful of iceberg lettuce (depending on how hungry you are)
- 50 g grated mozzarella (cheddar or similar cheese)
- Depending on taste, two to four gherkins, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 onion, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
For the Big Mac sauce
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp light ketchup
- 2 tbsp water, pickle jar
- 1 tbsp mustard
- a squeeze of fresh lemon
- a pinch of paprika powder
To save calories, you can use low-sugar products for mayonnaise, ketchup and cheese.
@veryhungrygreek Who would give this a bash? 🤤 #bigmacsalad#foryoupage#fyp#healthyrecipes#foodtiktok#healthyfood#foodtok#salad♬ Ginseng Strip 2002 – Yung Lean
- Fry the ground beef in a pan. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix in the mustard, tomato paste and 2-3 tablespoons of water.
- Drain lettuce after washing or dry if necessary. Then roll and cut the leaves to create long strips at the end. Put these in a bowl.
- Dice the onion and pickles and add to the salad.
- To create the famous Big Mac sauce, combine mayonnaise, ketchup, pickle juice, mustard, and lemon in a small bowl and season with paprika.
- Then add the minced meat to the bowl and garnish with the cheese (grated or cut into strips) and sesame seeds.
- Spread the sauce generously over the salad.
The quantities refer to one serving. The whole salad has about 390 kcal and will keep you full for a long time with 54g of protein.
This article also appeared on BUNTE.de.